The history of mankind is the history of science and the history of science is the history of physics. The Department of Physics was established in 1958 and the subject is taught in this college from standards XI to B. Sc. III. The department has a very good infrastructure with spacious laboratories of dimensions about 1800 sq ft with several modern equipments and instruments such as Michelson’s Interferometer, Abbe’s Refractometer and LASER Set up, etc. A number of students have secured ranks in the merit list of University examinations over the years.
This department has produced M. Phil and M. Sc. (T & D) students as well. The faculty in the department has published many research papers. A separate departmental library is also available. The department is well equipped with different audio and visual teaching aids such as charts, slides, models, slide projector, LCD projector etc.
We have a separate departmental workshop with facilities for drilling, grinding, cutting, coil winding, compressor, PCB making, etc. With this, we fabricate, repair and maintain different instruments used in our laboratories. We also provide service to the other departments of the college for their equipments.
Our department conducts the Indian association of Physics Teacher’s (IAPT) National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE) and National Standard Examination in Physics (NSEP) every year.